Jason Harvey is an internationally trained Melbourne orthopaedic surgeon with a specialty interest in hand, wrist, and elbow surgery. Jason graduated from the University of Sydney in 1997. After an internship at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital he moved to the United States where he undertook general surgery training at Harvard and Harbor-UCLA, completing his advanced training in orthopaedic surgery at Harbor-UCLA in 2005.
Jason then undertook a hand and peripheral nerve surgery fellowship in Sydney (Royal North Shore) and was admitted to fellowship of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2007.
Jason has a particular interest in arthroscopic surgery and is also involved in research into advanced techniques in fixation of wrist fractures, finger joint replacement and base of thumb arthritis. Through his public appointment at Dandenong he is consistently involved in teaching junior doctors and has been on the faculty of a number of advanced teaching courses.
Jason specialises in hand, wrist, and elbow surgery.
Key procedures performed:
- Wrist arthroscopy & TFCC pathology.
- Wrist instabilities (scapholunate, lunotriquetral, midcarpal).
- Thumb & finger joint arthroscopy.
- Carpal tunnel release & nerve compression syndromes.
- Arthritis surgery including joint replacement
- Hand & wrist trauma.
- Wrist fractures.
- Ligament Injuries.
- Scaphoid Fractures.
- Metacarpal and finger fractures.
- Tendon lacerations and avulsions.
- Dupuytren's release.
- Elbow arthroscopy.
- Elbow trauma.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS).
- Australian Hand Surgery Society.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association.
- International Member American Society of Surgery Hand.
- International Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Victorian Hand Surgery Society (Secretary).
- International Bone Research Association.
Info SheetsGeneral information about surgery
Acute Scaphoid Fractures
Base of Thumb Arthritis - Arthroscopy
Base of Thumb Arthritis - Ligament Reconstruction
Base of Thumb Arthritis - Suspensionplasty
Base of Thumb Arthritis
Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Hand and Wrist Ganglions
The Hand and Wrist
Trigger Finger and Thumb