Geoff Tymms is a Melbourne orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon.
He completed his medical training at the University of Melbourne in 1995 and then underwent orthopaedic surgery training in Melbourne and obtained his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Geoff has worked as a consultant surgeon in a number of Melbourne's hospitals. He obtained further foot and ankle surgery experience during visits and training in the United States and Europe, and now practices solely in foot and ankle surgery.
His interests are in all sporting and non-sporting foot and ankle injuries. Particular interests are in sporting ankle and foot injuries, ankle ligament reconstruction surgery, ankle arthritis and ankle replacement surgery, ankle arthroscopy and cartilage injuries, Achilles tendon injuries, flatfoot and deformity reconstructive surgery.
Common surgeries performed are:
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle reconstruction / ligament repair
- Ankle replacement
- Fracture repair
- Achilles tendon repair
- Tibialis posterior tendon surgery / flatfoot reconstruction
- Cartilage repair surgery
- Bunion surgery
He is a member of the following associations:
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Geoff consults at:
- Epworth – Richmond
- Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre – Melbourne
- Vermont South Medical Centre – Vermont South
Geoff operates at:
Info SheetsAchilles Tendon Repair Rehabilitation Protocol
Ankle Reconstruction - Postoperative Physiotherapy
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Non-operative treatment of Achilles tendon ruptures