Clinical / Research Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Epworth Eastern – Box Hill
- Epworth – Richmond
- St Vincent's Private Hospital – Kew
- Box Hill Hospital – 8 Arnold Street, Box Hill, Vic 3128
- The applicant must be a qualified orthopaedic surgeon or have at least senior registrar experience.
- The applicant must be prepared to commit the vast majority of their time to clinical work in the area of foot and ankle surgery and be involved in research projects.
- Applications must be accompanied with a current Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact details of appropriate referees. A phone interview may also be required.
A 6-12 month predominantly clinically based fellowship focused on all aspects of foot and ankle surgery. This is jointly conducted through the private and public systems and particularly includes work in the areas of trauma (acute and late reconstruction), sports medicine and arthritis surgery. There is an additional focus on the use of arthroscopic and minimally invasive techniques.
An opportunity is usually available for the successful applicant to perform elective surgery in the public hospital system under the supervision of Mr Harvinder Bedi.
There are no specific on call requirements for the fellowship, but it may be possible for the applicant to participate in after-hours trauma work in order to enhance their clinical experience and supplement their income.
An opportunity and encouragement for clinical based research is also provided.
A Stipend of $50,000 per annum is available and will be administered by Box Hill Hospital.
There are additional potential sources of income including:
- Payments for elective and after-hours work performed in the public hospital system.
- Assisting fees for private surgical assistance.
- The applicant is cautioned that these additional sources of funding may be subject to visa restrictions and may not be available to all fellows.
Flights and Accommodation
These are the responsibility of the fellow. However, the supervisors can offer recommendations and suggestions and applicants are strongly encouraged to contact previous fellows in order to gain a better understanding of the requirements of this fellowship.
Applications and Enquiries
Contact us and mention the scholarship we will put you in touch with Mr Harvinder Bedi. All applications must be accompanied by a current Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact details of 3 referees.